It’s THAT time of year...
Christmas is well and truly in sight now, the Christmas lights have been switched on and festive tunes can be heard pretty much everywhere.
The world seems to speed up around now and it’s easy to get caught up in it. With so much to cram into the last few weeks, December can often feel like the final hurdle that has to be navigated before we collapse in a heap.
It can be a very stressful time of year, so try to look after yourself. Whatever it is that leaves you feeling restful and relaxed needs to be included in your schedule over the next few weeks. Make some time for some exercise, relaxation, mindfulness, quality sleep and keep yourself grounded to make the most of the festive period.
How can massage help?
Massage will benefit both your body and mind. A full body massage focuses on completely relaxing you using slow, smooth flowing strokes that releases tension in your body.
During your massage the tension in your muscles, especially in areas like your neck, shoulders and back, is released. This natural relaxation helps to:
- improve blood circulation
- lower your blood pressure
- relieve overall muscle fatigue, soreness and stiffness
- relieve tension headaches
- boost your immune system
- improve your skin condition and muscle tone
- feel more energised
- remove toxins from the body
The benefits of relaxing your muscles won’t just stop with the effects to your body, you will also find having a regular full body massage has major psychological benefits including:
- reducing the effects of stress
- improving your sleep patterns
- promoting positive body awareness
- restoring a sense of balance and well-being
- reducing the effects of anxiety and depression
- improving concentration
At the end of the day, Christmas is all about having fun and taking time out of our busy working lives and studies to spend some proper time with loved ones. So why not allow yourself to relax at Christmas?